Welcome to Teacher Week, hosted by Blog Hoppin’! Today is Must Have Monday – here are a few of my “must-haves” for the school year:
- Paper Mate Flair Pens – These babies are the best for grading, taking notes, etc. I love that they don’t bleed through paper!
- A good lesson plan format – I had previously used a plain old teacher lesson plan book, but it just wasn’t working for my plans. I created my own last year and it works great! I don’t have to be super detailed (usually I refer to plans I’ve written for each particular subject in more detail!) but I can still see exactly what I am doing, when I need to do it. Check it out below!
- A mini fridge – I keep my mini fridge from college in my classroom! It’s great for keeping my water bottle cold or for things we do in class that require a cold fold item, such as butter or eggs – no more running downstairs to the kitchen 🙂 Mine also has a small freezer section, so I can keep an ice pack in there for emergencies.
- A good stash of folders/notebooks – we typically take notes in math in a spiral notebook that I provide for the students on the first day (although with a change in curriculum, I’m not sure if we still will…). Some of them write larger than others or take up more space to work on a problem, so they usually get through at least two every year. I also give them a new folder for every unit that we study, which totals to nine. My mom has helped me out a ton this year by picking them up for me when she sees them on sale!!
- Last but not least, a nice projector – this year, we are finally getting mounted projectors!! I am so excited!! I used to share a projector with our 4th grade teacher since we are on the same floor, and it got so confusing trying to coordinate our schedules since we both use it almost EVERY day. Plus we had to drag it out of the closet, plug it in, hook up the computer, and turn it on, making sure we did so in the right order or it wouldn’t quite work. But now we will both have our own which makes me so happy 🙂 I literally use it every day and I am thrilled that it will be permanently attached – no more lugging it out!
So there you have it – a few of my teacher must-haves. There are, of course, SO many more, but it would take me all day to type up that blog post!
See you tomorrow for Technology Tip Tuesday!!