Decided to link up with Step Into 2nd Grade’s latest linky party – go check it out! I love learning new things about all of the bloggers whose blogs I read on a daily basis 🙂 Here’s hoping you can learn more about me too!
1. I met my husband on the second day of freshman year of college. We hit it off right away and dated all four years with not even one thought of ending things. We got married the summer after college graduation and I can’t imagine my life without him!! He just graduated with his Doctorate in Physical Therapy – it has been a long 3 years, but all of the hard work has paid off and I am so incredibly proud of him!
2. We both attended Grove City College, a small Christian school here in western PA. It’s a family thing for both of us – my sister and her husband, my parents, my grandparents (all of whom met their spouses at GCC), my great-grandfather, Ben’s parents (who also met at GCC), Ben’s sister, and Ben’s aunt! Crazy, huh?? But GCC feels like home for a good reason and I am so blessed to have spent 4 years of my life there. The picture below is my mom, me, and my sister at GCC for homecoming when I was younger – and yes, I was wearing a nametag that said “Future Grover, class of 2008” 🙂
3. I love Betty Boop! I have been a huge collector since I was 6 or 7 and love anything and everything that I can add to that collection. Unfortunately, the apartment the hubs and I are in right now has zero room for my collection to be on display, but I look forward to the day when we have a house where I can show it off! (The below pictures was taken at our local library where my collection was on display when I was around 12)
4. I also collect thimbles from every place that I visit. This started when I got an American Girl thimble in Williamsburg when we were there for a Felicity tea party. My favorites are the unique ones, like the one from England my grandparents brought home for me that had tea inside, or my Germany thimble that looks like a stein.
5. My faith is the most important thing in my life. Without Christ as my Savior, I would be incomplete. He is the reason I get through each day and He is the reason that I can make it through difficult situations. I am so blessed to be teaching at a Christian school where I have the opportunity and the privilege of sharing Christ’s love with my students every day!!
6. Growing up, musical theater was my life. I have been in so many plays and musicals, from 3rd grade through my freshman year of college. I took tap dancing lessons for 9 years and it was amazing. I was in a performing arts group at my theater school that toured around Pittsburgh performing. I miss this part of my life so much but it’s hard to find the time to continue it!
I was proud to be a “Broadway Kid” for 4 years!
One of my first musicals, written by the director at my performing arts center – I am 2nd from the right.
My very first musical ever in 3rd grade at my church – it’s where I fell in love with performing!
7. I love love love Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. It is one of my favorite places ever! My grandparents retired there around the time that I was born, so we have been going there since I was itty bitty. Even though my grandparents are no longer there and our family has grown by 4 (2 husbands and 2 kids), we have continued going – we now rent a house a block or so from the beach and it is wonderful! We have our family traditions, such as going to Grotto Pizza, eating ice cream at Royal Treat, playing mini golf at Shell We Golf, and playing skee ball and horse racing in Funland – but the most fun thing is making new memories and traditions 🙂
Here’s me boogie boarding in Rehoboth when I was little.
My husband and I on the boardwalk during this year’s trip
Love this boardwalk 🙂
8. I have the world’s cutest nieces! No, really, I do! Addison is 2 and a half and Karley just turned 1 and they are the most amazing little girls. They bring a smile to my face every time I see them, and hearing Addison say, “I love you, Aunt Kimmie” just melts my heart. I am so blessed to be their aunt and can’t wait until I can give them some cousins to play with!
9. Ever since I was really little, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I loved playing school with my sister and my friends – I had a pretend school set with worksheets, pencils, report cards, etc. and it was one of my favorite things to play with. In fact, Teacher Barbie was the only Barbie I was ever allowed to have! I am so thankful that the Lord helped make my passion a reality and I love it when my students tell me that they want to be a teacher too 🙂
10. I am obsessed with the Pioneer Woman and was SO incredibly excited to meet her when she was in Pittsburgh a few months ago! She was so sweet and down-to-earth. I have made many of her recipes and wish I had more money/time to spend on all of the others!
11. One of my favorite things to do in my spare time is read! Last summer I read the Hunger Games trilogy in 4 or 5 days. I have reread the Harry Potter series who knows how many times! This summer I brought home a bunch of books from my classroom that my students really liked and I wanted to read so I knew what they were about. Have you ever read City of Orphans, The Candymakers, or the Lemony Snicket series? All of these were great books. Any books you recommend for 5th graders??
12. I have been dying to go back to Disney World! My family and I went several times growing up and it is one of my favorite places (other than Rehoboth!) – it makes me feel like a kid again 🙂 I also really want to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which everyone says is amazing. I am hoping to save enough money in the next few years to make a trip down to Orlando!
Thanks for reading and I hope you learned more about me! Leave me a comment with your favorite place or your favorite book, or maybe with the item that you collect – I’d love to hear from you!!